All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the lightening destruction of the Egyptian forces at the outbreak of the Six Day War, Israel turned to the forces of Jordan and Syria, with whom Egypt had signed a mutual-defence pact, and which had w entered the war. Jordan's army moved against West Jerusalem and central Israel, while Syria began shelling Israeli towns from the seemingly impregnable Golan Heights. The IDF's invasion of the Golan was as daring and successful as its more famous Egyptian victory, but its success in Jordan - taking the West Bank - sowed the seeds of its future troubles. Comprehensively illustrated with artwork, maps and battlefield views, this new history brings one of the most important of 20th century campaigns to life.
- Author BiographySimon Dunstan is a well-established author, film-maker and photographer in the field of military history, with several titles already published with Osprey. He specializes in armored warfare, and has written on this subject for two decades. His books have covered topics such as helicopter and armored warfare in Vietnam, the Challenger main battle tank, the British Guards and armored warfare in Korea. Simon lives and works in London. The author lives in London, England.
- Author(s)Simon Dunstan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/11/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCampaign
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 216
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight357 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Dennis,Peter Sarson,Mike Badrocke
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.