All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Six Pillars of Sports Recovery was written for any athlete, coach, trainer, chiropractor, physical therapist or other sports medicine professional that wants to learn more about recovery and how it relates to sports performance. The book is based on Dr. Rick Rosa's 17 years of clinical experience working with professional, Olympic and amateur athletes. From the NFL to the UFC and everything in-between, Dr. Rosa has seen it all. Dr. Rosa's Six Pillars of Sports Recovery include: 1. Awareness of state 2. Rest 3. Play 4. Nutrition, 5. Physical and 6. Psychological. The six-pillars philosophy brings together all the aspects of recovery and provides a well-rounded, holistic approach to help the athlete recover faster and train harder. This comprehensive approach enables a more complete healing process; it prevents further injuries and also speeds up recovery between workouts. No stone is left unturned when it comes to this all inclusive approach to recovery. The Six Pillars of Sports Recovery touches on many topics ranging from specific treatment modalities for injuries like class III and IV lasers or advanced taping techniques to how fatigue and sleep effect the recovery process.
- Author BiographyA member of the American Chiropractic Association Sports Council, Dr. Rick Rosa received his Doctorate from New York Chiropractic College in 1996 and was hired as a teacher at the college thereafter. In 1996, he began practicing in a multidisciplinary setting, allowing him to experience various approaches to health care as well as treat all sorts of acute injury and pain syndromes. He is still a member of the post graduate faculty at New York Chiropractic College and has lectured extensively on many topics and presently teaches other doctors about recovery in Sports. Dr. Rosa has many advanced certifications, including: Diplomate in pain management from the American Academy of Pain Management (DAAPM) Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician from the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (CCSP) Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) from the National Academy of Sports and Medicine Performance Enhancement Specialists (PES) from the National Academy of Sports and Medicine Certified Kinesio Taping Practioner (CKTP) He uses many active and passive soft tissue techniques and is certified in Graston Techinque. In addition, due to his extensive work in pro cycling Dr. Rosa has trained at the famed Serotta International Cycling Institute under Paraic McGlynn in the use of Dartfish motion analysis for bike fits. Dr. Rosa is pioneering research in the use of Dartfish, a high definition video motion analysis system to evaluate athletes from a movement assessment perspective to find and correct various muscle and joint injuries. He is also trained in the use of muskulosketal ultrasound that he utilizes in his Virginia locations. Dr. Rosa has treated thousands of patients from professional, Olympic and amateur athletes. Dr. Rosa considers himself a professional student and continually learns more about the latest treatments and techniques to give his patients the best care available.
- Author(s)Dr Rick Rosa
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.