All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Henry VIII and his six wives has passed from history into legend - taught in the cradle as a cautionary tale and remembered in adulthood as an object lesson in the dangers of marrying into royalty. The true story behind the legend, however, remains obscure to most people, whose kwledge of the affair begins and ends with the aide memoire 'Divorced, executed, died, divorced, executed, survived'. David Loades' masterly book recounts Henry's whole sorry tale in detail from his first marriage, to his brother's widow Catherine of Aragon, to his more or less contented old age in the care of the motherly Catherine Parr.
- Author BiographyDAVID LOADES is Emeritus Professor of the University of Wales and an Honorary Member of the University of Oxford, History Faculty. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, Vice-President of the Navy Record Society and former President of the Ecclesiastical History Society. He is the author of over thirty books on the sixteenth century. He lives in Burford in Oxfordshire.
- Author(s)David Loades
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note33
- Weight204 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.