All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on recent interviews, this unique sixties book brings together the voices of the Left leaders who spawned the sixties movements. Many remain activists today, and experience and the passage of time allow them to transcend stalgia to form more realistic perspectives on past, present, and future. They discuss the civil rights and antiwar movements, the political outcome of the sixties, patriotism, terror, and the role of young people in the future. Important gains were made during the sixties, but there were many setbacks, too, that influence today's voters, leaders, candidates, and our day-to-day realities. The sixties of this book are t simply a sweet memory of marijuana and album rock; there were many casualties, including incence and youthful idealism. Agger concludes with reflections on the possibilities of a next Left, which was already faintly visible in young people's massive support of Obama's presidential candidacy.
- Author BiographyBen Agger is the author of many previous books on Media and Critical Theory, including Postponing the Postmodern: Sociological Practices, Selves, and Theories (2002).
- Author(s)Ben Agger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note50 photographs and documents
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.