All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfflicting one in seventy Americans, Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune disease that commonly causes dryness of the eyes, mouth, and se, and that can lead to complications including profound fatigue, depression, and lymphoma. While there is cure for Sjogren's, much can be done to alleviate the suffering of patients. This extensively revised handbook offers everything you need to kw to cope with this disease. The Sjogren's Book, Fourth Edition is a comprehensive and authoritative guide, produced by the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation and its medical advisors and edited by physician Daniel J. Wallace, a leading authority on autoimmune disorders. This expanded edition provides readers with the best medical and practical information on this disorder, bringing together the current thinking about Sjogren's in an easily readable and understandable book, with an entirely new section on lifestyle issues aimed at improving the quality of life for Sjogren's sufferers. With more than thirty chapters written by leading experts, the handbook illuminates the major clinical aspects of the syndrome and is loaded with practical tips and advice. Indeed, it offers a wide-ranging look at the many faces of Sjogren's, covering diagsis, the various organ systems that can be affected, the possible psychological problems, and the many treatment options, as well as a concluding chapter listing the web, print, and media resources available. It is a valuable aid that patients can use while discussing their illness with their physician and an excellent resource for family members. And because Sjogren's is greatly underdiagsed, this handbook is a particularly valuable resource for healthcare professionals. Recognized as the bible for Sjogren's suffers, this reliable and informative guide is the first place for patients to look when they have questions about this little kwn but serious chronic disease.
- Author BiographyDaniel J. Wallace, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA based at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. His many books include All About Fibromyalgia, All About Osteoarthritis (with Nancy Lane), and The Lupus Book.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/10/2011
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note38 illustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width164 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edited byDaniel J. Wallace
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.