All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcomics is unavoidably central to any attempt to improve our quality of life, but most people do t kw why, or how to question its underlying assumptions. The Skeptical Ecomist rejects the story told by other popular ecomics books. Responding to Western malaise about quality of life, and a growing curiosity about ecomics and its relevance to these concerns, Jonathan Aldred argues that ecomics is t an agreed body of kwledge or an objective science. In reality ecomics is built on ethical foundations - distinctive and controversial views about how we ought to live, what we value and why. This revealing and entertaining book exposes these hidden assumptions, and opens up the black box of modern ecomics to reveal that conventional wisdom is t what it appears to be. The Skeptical Ecomist will challenge us all to examine the assumptions behind the ecomics of our current way of life. It rediscovers the ethics at the heart of ecomics.
- Author BiographyDr Jonathan Aldred is a Fellow and Director of Studies in Economics at Emmanuel College and a Newton Trust Lecturer in the Department of Land Economy, both in the University of Cambridge, UK. An economist by training, his research interests are now interdisciplinary, spanning economics, philosophy, law and political theory.
- Author(s)Jonathan Aldred
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteIndex
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.