The Ski House Cookbook: Warm Winter Dishes for Cold Weather Fun by Sarah Pinneo, Tina Anderson (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat could be better than standing on top of a mountain, sw sparkling, the slopes calling? Not much, except perhaps skiing down to a warm, home-cooked meal that comes together effortlessly. The Ski House Cookbook makes it all possible with 125 recipes that will keep you on the slopes or winding down with friends afterward, t stuck at the stove. Here are easy and delicious meals designed with minimum prep times for often limited home-away-from-home kitchens, from quick-cooking roasts, sautes, and other fast meals to slow-cooker dishes and recipes that can be made in advance and frozen. And, to get you in the right frame of mind, each recipe is coded with a difficulty rating that corresponds to the familiar green dots, blue squares, and black diamonds of the slopes. Start the day with Twas the Night Before French Toast (assembled in advance and baked in the morning) to keep you going until lunchtime, when a Colorado Cuba (made in a flash from readily available deli meats) will refuel you for the afteron. An entire chapter of apres-ski snacks, including Green Mountain Fondue and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas, helps tide you over until dinner, which includes tempting options such as Roasted Pork Loin with Cherry Balsamic Pan Sauce, Mogul Beef Chili, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. Hearty soups and pastas and indulgent desserts round out this collection of recipes that will warm you up from the inside out. In addition to the irresistible recipes, The Ski House Cookbook offers practical information on cooking at high altitudes, a section on getting the most out of your slow cooker, and 50 beautiful full-color photographs of the great dishes and swy landscapes that skiers love. So whether you re hitting the slopes or just dreaming of days in the lodge, a double diamond pro or struggling down the bunny hill for the first time, here is your go-to guide to making easy, satisfying, and comforting winter meals.
- Author BiographyTina Anderson, photo director of Family Circle, honed her cooking skills as a participant in food contests such as the Pillsbury Bake-Off. She lives in New York City and enjoys skiing Double-jack at Breckenridge, in Colorado. Sarah Pinneo, a former director at Deutsche Bank Securities, is a mother of two who divides her time between New York City and Ludlow, Vermont. Her favorite ski run is Bittersweet, in Killington, Vermont.
- Author(s)Sarah Pinneo,Tina Anderson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight778 g
- Width192 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.