Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dark Chapters series tell three of the darker stories from the Bible. The three books in the series, The Egyptian Nightmare (the story of Pharaoh), Izevel, Queen of Darkness (the story of Jezebel) and The Sky Will Fall (the story of Samson), focus on the story of one character from the Bible and see how their life compares to how God wants us to live. They also examine what happens as a consequence of them t following God's plan for their lives. The text does t sensationalise the horrific aspects of each story for entertainment's sake, and therefore trivialise what it has to say. On the contrary, each retold account uses the more fantastic and gruesome episodes of each character's story to grip the reader and draw them into assessing why these events take place. The reader is asked throughout the books to consider questions about the nature of God, how we should live as Christians, what value we place on things of this world - power, wealth, influence or popularity - and what God values. In the Temple of Dagon, a blind man is tied to two pillars while the rulers of Philistia celebrate his capture. He was once a strong and powerful ruler, but the blind man's task is t quite finished yet - Shimsom (Samson) had a miraculous birth, foretold by and angel to a childless couple. His parents were told that he would save Israel from the power of the Philistines. But the way Shimsom goes about it doesn't seem to be God's plan. Through the story we follow Samson and his dealings with the Philistines, but the story also makes demands on the reader - what does Samson's behaviour and the violent way he went about freeing the Israelites from Philistine control tell us about God? How closely does he follow God's will and where does he depart and go his own way? We follow Samson's mistakes and his triumphs in a story that is often uncomfortable, but always compelling.
- Author BiographyDarren has been an editor and contributor to both print and online publications for over ten years. The Sky Will Fall is his first novel, and after reading and enjoying horror stories, it was time to write his own. Darren is married with two grown-up, and more mature than him, children. He enjoys Sci-fi, reading and writing, and can be found loitering on several social networks. His life is a work in progress under the supervision of God.
- Author(s)Darren Hill
- PublisherScripture Union Publishing
- Date of Publication18/10/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleDark Chapters
- Place of PublicationBucks
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScripture Union Publishing
- Out-of-print date25/03/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight196 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.