All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Skye in June is a tale about the MacDonalds, a Scottish family and their youngest child, June, who has an uniqueness to attract unusual people. After a tragedy the family emigrate from Glasgow, Scotland to San Francisco, California for a chance of a new life. The family implodes when June is drawn into the world of mysticism and, along with her three sisters, comes of age during the colorful circa 1960's. It is a story of reconciliation and acceptance. Anyone who loves a good read of San Francisco's history during the 1950's and the radical changes in the early days of the '60's, will enjoy this story. Ms. Ahern uses the rich history of Eureka Valley (The Castro) by weaving her story around well-kwn businesses such as The Castro Theater and Cliffs' Variety Store. The story is also rich with nuances of Scottish culture and language. The sisters are lively, funny and rebellious as they find ways to deter their father from having control over them. The story takes readers through issues of family, their bond and how it changes over the years, religion, as wells as the challenges of immigrants, and the world of mysticism.
- Author BiographyJ. (June) Ahern is an author of four books - two nonfiction and two novels. Like her main character, was born in Glasgow, Scotland and in the mid-1950's immigrated to San Francisco, California. Like the MacDonald family in her book, she too lived on Liberty Street The family home is still owned by a sister. Along with her seven siblings Ms. Ahern attended parochial school in one of San Francisco's most famous neighborhoods called Eureka Valley but better known now as The Castro. Her parents owned the Callaghan's Village Fish n' Chips Shop on 18th by Castro Street. Ms.Ahern lives close to San Francisco with her husband, cat and horses. She happily says that her life is full and blessed. Ms. Ahern is a Life Coach as well as an Intuitive Arts Mentor, teacher and author. For over thirty years J. Ahern has taught many people to manifest their visions to fulfillment. Her appearances on television and radio, teaching at the Learning Annex and along with her book, The Timeless Counselor - The Guide to a Successful Psychic Reading, the number one seller by an unknown author at the 1991 Whole Life Expo in New York where she was a featured speaker, has earned her national and international notice.
- Author(s)June Ahern
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.