All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are in the midst of a sleep deprivation crisis, and this has profound consequences - on our health, our job performance, our relationships and our happiness. In this book, Arianna Huffington boldly asserts that what is needed is thing short of a sleep revolution. Only by renewing our relationship with sleep can we take back control of our lives. Through a sweeping, scientifically rigorous and deeply personal exploration of sleep from all angles, Arianna delves into the new golden age of sleep science that reveals the vital role sleep plays in our every waking moment and every aspect of our health - from weight gain, diabetes, and heart disease to cancer and Alzheimer's. In The Sleep Revolution, Arianna shows how our cultural dismissal of sleep as time wasted t only compromises our health and our decision-making but also undermines our work lives, our personal lives and even our sex lives. She explores all the latest science on what exactly is going on while we sleep and dream. She takes on the dangerous sleeping pill industry and confronts all the ways our addiction to techlogy disrupts our sleep. She also offers a range of recommendations and tips from leading scientists on how we can achieve better and more restorative sleep, and harness its incredible power. In today's fast-paced, always-connected, perpetually harried and sleep-deprived world, our need for a good night's sleep is more important - and elusive - than ever. The Sleep Revolution both sounds the alarm on our worldwide sleep crisis and provides a detailed road map to the great sleep awakening that can help transform our lives, our communities and our world.
- Author BiographyARIANNA HUFFINGTON is the co-founder and editor-in-chief of the Huffington Post, a nationally syndicated columnist, and the author of thirteen books. She is also the co-host of the US radio show Left, Right & Center. She was named to the Time 100, Time magazine's list of the world's one hundred most influential people, and to the Financial Times's list of fifty people who shaped the decade. Originally from Greece, she moved to England when she was sixteen and graduated from Cambridge University with an MA in economics.
- Author(s)Arianna Huffington
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintW H Allen
- Weight558 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine35 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.