All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFreya is an ordinary girl living in modern Britain, but with a twist: people still worship the Viking gods. She's caught in her parents' divorce, and shuttling between bickering adults is fun. One evening, stuck with her dad on his night shift at the British Museum, she is drawn to the Lewis Chessmen and Heimdall's Horn. Unable to resist, she blows the horn, waking three chess pieces from their enchantment; the slaves Roskva and Alfi, and St the Berserk. They are all summoned to Asgard, land of the Viking gods, and told they must go on a perilous journey to restore the gods to youth. If Freya refuses she will be turned into an ivory chess piece but, if she accepts her destiny and fails, the same terrible fate awaits her. Brilliantly funny, original and a wholly new take on the Norse myths - and the travails of contemporary family life.
- Author BiographyFrancesca Simon is universally known for the staggeringly popular Horrid Henry series. These books and tapes have sold over 15 million copies in the UK alone and CITV have made a hugely popular cartoon series based on the nation's favourite naughty boy. Horrid Henry Robs the Bank was shortlisted for the Children's Book of the Year award at the 2009 British Book Awards, the third consecutive year of nomination, following a win in 2008. She lives in North London with her family.
- Author(s)Francesca Simon
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Read bySimon Russell Beale
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.19New
- AU $27.30New
- AU $31.50New
- AU $14.52New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.27
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.20
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $36.91
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.