All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBad dreams just got good in this inventive and bold new graphic vel from Kate Greenaway shortlisted Viviane Schwarz. When you are afraid to fall asleep, when all your dreams are nightmares, write us a letter, put it under your pillow, we will rescue you...It is almost time for the old and tired Sleepwalkers to return to the waking world. But before they go, they must conjure and train three new replacements. For who else will look after the Sleepwalking House and be there to answer the call of a child frozen stiff with fear, trapped in a nightmare? This is the story of the new Sleepwalkers...Filled with action and adventure, and all things that go bump in the night, three brave new heroes tackle the weird and the wild in this uplifting and reassuring story about pulling together as a team and having the confidence to stand up to your fears. This is a striking new direction for Viviane Schwarz, shortlisted for the 2010 Kate Greenaway Prize. This is the perfect antidote to any child's worrisome, sleepless nights. Created in the classic tradition of comic books, this accessible format is ideal for newly-independent readers, and developing visual literacy.
- Author BiographyViviane Schwarz is a major talent writing and illustrating for the young picture book market. This is a terrific opportunity to break her into the graphic novel market for children and for slightly older readers. She was recently shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Prize with her unique There Are Cats in this Book and she is the author and illustrator of many acclaimed picture books.
- Author(s)Viviane Schwarz
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width215 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Interest Age7 years +
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.