All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTim Knight's irreverent and bearishly-tiled blog, The Slope of Hope, sprang to life in March 2005 and has been irking stock market bulls ever since. Now one of the most widely-read financial blogs on the Internet, Slope of Hope has become a nexus for skeptics, technical analysis, and overall ne'er-do-wells to discuss the state of politics, the markets, and charts. Explore within some of the best of Slope in a series of quick, thought-provoking missives.
- Author BiographyTim Knight in 1992 founded Prophet, a wholly-owned online software company that was acquired by Investools in January 2005; he served as Senior Vice President of Technology for Investools from 2005 through 2010. His book, Chart Your Way to Profits, published by John Wiley, offers a solid introduction to both technical analysis and the ProphetCharts product. The 2nd Edition of the book was published in July 2010. An active trader and chartist, Tim founded Prophet to provide market data to self-directed investors using stand-alone technical analysis software. With the advent of the Web, he envisioned providing the power of these expensive software packages with browser-based convenience - enabling traders to focus on their analysis, instead of worrying about software upgrades and database issues. His online technical analysis suite at Prophet.Net delivered on this vision. In his professional role as a full-time money manager today, Tim relies on technical analysis as the primary basis for his investment decisions, and he leveraged his passion for the markets to fuel the innovation for which Prophet.Net is known. In fact, Barron's and Forbes consistently named Prophet.Net the #1 Web Site for Technical Analysis. Before starting Prophet, Tim was Vice President of Technology Products at Montgomery Securities in San Francisco, where he led the development of an institutional online-trading platform. Additionally, he has held various positions in marketing management at Technical Tools and Apple Computer and is the author of 20 computer books. Tim is a graduate of the Santa Clara University's Honors Program and holds a bachelor's degree in business management.
- Author(s)Tim Knight
- Date of Publication22/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.