All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $36.36Trending at AU $38.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.92
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $32.40
About this product
- DescriptionFrom one of the leading lights of contemporary gastromy comes an irresistible collection of slow-cooked, flavor-drenched dishes from the cuisines of the Mediterranean Who can resist the sensuous delights of a slow-simmered stew, salmon fillet slow-roasted until it is soft as silk, or leg of lamb braised until it is meltingly tender? Slow cooking is the hottest new trend in food, and one better captures the art of sumptuous, unhurried cooking than rewned food writer Paula Wolfert. In The Slow Mediterranean Kitchen, she returns to her favorite culinary regions and shares an enticing treasure trove of more than 150 authentic recipes that wend their way from North Africa and the Eastern Mediterranean to Italy, Spain, and the South of France. With her trademark passion for detail and curiosity about cultural traditions and invations, she offers loyal fans and new converts the secrets to simmering, slow roasting, braising, poaching, and marinating their way to flavor-drenched dishes that capture the enchanting tastes and aromas of the Mediterranean table. Perfect for anyone who loves to cook, this rich resource is a must-have for the bookshelf of everyone who is serious about food. Paula Wolfert (Soma, CA) is widely ackwledged to be the premier food writer in America. Her writing has received many awards, including the Julia Child Award, the M.F.K. Fisher Award, and the James Beard Award. She has a regular column in Food & Wine magazine, and her articles have appeared in such major publications as the New York Times, Saveur, Bon Appetit, and Cook's Illustrated. She is the author of six other cookbooks, including Couscous and Other Good Food from Morocco, Mediterranean Cooking, and The Cooking of South-West France.
- Author BiographyPaula Wolfert is widely acknowledged as one of the premier food writers in America. Her writing has received many awards, including the Julia Child Award, the M.F.K. Fisher Award, the James Beard Award, the Cook's Magazine Platinum Plate Award, and the Perigueux Award for Lifetime Achievement. She has a regular column in Food & Wine magazine, and her articles have appeared in major publications, including the New York Times, Saveur, Fine Cooking, and Cook's Illustrated. She is the author of six other cookbooks, including Couscous and Other Good Food from Morocco, Mediterranean Cooking, and The Cooking of South-West France.
- Author(s)Paula Wolfert
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication03/10/2003
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Out-of-print date15/09/2016
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight1088 g
- Width213 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.