CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionReturning home from a visit to a client late one summer's evening, antiquarian bookseller Adam Sw takes a wrong turning and stumbles across the derelict old White House. Compelled by curiosity, he approaches the door, and, standing before the entrance feels the unmistakable sensation of a small hand creeping into his own, 'as if a child had taken hold of it'. Intrigued by the encounter, he determines to learn more, and discovers that the owner's grandson had drowned tragically many years before. At first unperturbed by the odd experience, Sw begins to be plagued by haunting dreams, panic attacks, and more frequent visits from the small hand which become increasingly threatening and sinister ...
- Author BiographySusan Hill is the winner of numerous literary prizes including the Somerset Maugham and Whitbread Awards. Her literary memoir, Howards End is on the Landing and the ghost story The Man in the Picture are both published by Profile, and she is the author of a highly successful crime series (Chatto & Windus). The Woman in Black has been running in the West End for twenty years.
- PrizesCommended for British Book Design & Production Award General Paperback Category 2011.
- Author(s)Susan Hill
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Series TitleThe Susan Hill Collection
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Weight224 g
- Width120 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.