All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Small Nation Solution, eminent anthropologist John H. Bodley argues that the contemporary global problems of poverty, conflict, and environmental degradation are problems of scale and power. Bodley's solution involves keeping nations small so as to limit the power of elite directors. It is a simple idea with profound implications. He spotlights successful small nations around the world as the best working models of sustainable sociocultural systems and shows how these diverse small nations can be the building blocks of a transformed global system that could save the world.
- Author BiographyJohn H. Bodley is Regents Professor of Anthropology at Washington State University. Known for his trenchant critiques of capitalism and the elite corporate power structure, he is the author of Cultural Anthropology, 5th edition (2011), Anthropology and Contemporary Human Problems, 6th edition (2012), and Victims of Progress, 5th edition (2008), all published by AltaMira Press.
- Author(s)John H. Bodley
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/05/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Note0
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.