The Smart Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want: How to be Assertive with Wit, Style and Grace by Mary Hartley (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, personal development coach Mary Hartley explains how women can discover the secrets of assertiveness in order to live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives. Taking a fun and sophisticated approach, the book is designed to be appealing to students, career girls and yummy mummies, and uses a pithy and witty tone to make its important points. Mary begins by explaining what assertiveness is and why it matters. She goes on to help the reader identify common patterns of behaviour - aggression, passivity and manipulation - providing guidance as to why we sometimes behave in these ways and the problems such patterns of behaviour can cause. Mary shows how assertive behaviour brings about the best results in every aspect of your life - helping you achieve both your career and personal goals. By being assertive we can learn how to express our needs and views honestly, effectively and gracefully, without leaving a disaster in our wake. You will find tips on effective communication and body language, as well as guidance on how to handle common difficult situations, including: Dealing with criticism Giving an honest opinion Coping with intimidation Overcoming shyness Attractively packaged with a stylish layout and line drawings, this is a book that all women will treasure and turn to time and time again.
- Author BiographyMary Hartley is a writer and personal development coach who leads workshops and training courses in a wide range of personal development fields. She is the author of several books including: The Good Stress Guide, Managing Anger at Work, The Busy Woman's Handbook, Stress at Work and How to Listen So That People Talk. Some titles are on University, Relate, National Health and other practitioners' reading lists as well as many relevant forums. Mary contributes regularly on various aspects of communication and personal development in publications such as The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Sun and Psychologies, and has participated in discussions on Radio One, Capital Radio, BBC Radio Scotland, BBC Radio Jersey and Radio Shropshire. She was also the consultant for a BBC Learning Zone programme on anger management.
- Author(s)Mary Hartley
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Weight218 g
- Width125 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.