All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionHave you been trying to have a baby for more than a year?Do you want to understand the complex processes involved in conception and beyond to see where things might be going wrong for you?Do you want to kw what you can do to help yourself before going to the professionals?And what alternatives there are to IVF?And if you do opt for IVF, do you need guidance on how to give this the best chance of succeeding?Professor Harrison draws on his 36+ years of hands-on clinical, teaching and research experience to provide guidance on these key topics and more. Inspired by the needs of the very many couples he has assisted, he has put together a practical guide that comprehensively covers the investigation and management of infertility as it is - or should be - experienced today. The key facts are complemented by more detailed text for those couples who want an indepth approach, and by the author's personal commentary, helping his readers to decide for themselves how far they wish to take their quest for a solution.
- Author BiographyProfessor Robert F Harrison MA MD DSc FRCS(Ed) FRP(I) FRCOG DCH Comes originally from Liverpool and qualified in Medicine from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. He trained in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Rotunda and Mater Hospitals, Dublin, and then at Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea Hospitals for Women, London, where his interest in infertility began. Returning to Ireland as Senior Lecturer and Consultant, at Trinity College and the Rotunda Hospital, he rose to be Associate Professor and then Professor and Head of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, at the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland and the Rotunda Hospital for fifteen years until his recent retirement from active clinical work. He has a worldwide reputation as an infertility specialist through research, publication, learned society membership and training, chairing the Task Force on Infertility for the World Health Organisation and serving as President of the International Federation of Fertility Societies from 1998 to 2001. However, throughout his career, he has always been very much a hands-on clinician with a particular interest in the psycho-social issues associated with infertility.
- Author(s)Robert Harrison
- PublisherHammersmith Press Limited
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleSmart Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHammersmith Press Limited
- Content Note20 line illustrations
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.