All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionWith essential information on how the human body uses nutrients and the important nutrients needed by all of the cells in the body, this guide helps readers optimize their dietary choices and caloric intake. It offers a quick reference to the carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals the body needs in addition to water and energy, aiding individuals in making sound food choices for staying healthy, boosting immunity, and fighting disease as well as the effects of aging. The book discusses, among many other topics, how the digestive system works, how vitamins and minerals work in body chemistry, the body s biochemistry, nutrition in children and the elderly, how Western diets compare to Eastern diets, and what readers should kw before following a vegetarian, vegan, raw, or macrobiotic diet. Better nutrition and health are just a few pages away with this guide.
- Author BiographyAnne Maczulak is the author of more than 10 books on biology and ecology, including Allies and Enemies: How the World Depends on Bacteria, The Five-Second Rule and Other Myths About Germs, The Smart Guide to Biology, and The Smart Guide to Fighting Infections. She has contributed to articles on germophobia in Psychology Today and has been a regular guest on television and radio, speaking to viewers about the good and bad microbes that lurk in households. As a regular guest expert on Martha Stewart Living Radio, she answers questions on disinfectants, infection, food-borne germs, and other topics. She lives in Santa Barbara, California.
- Author(s)Anne Maczulak
- PublisherSmart Guide Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Series TitleSmart Guides (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmart Guide Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.