All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSingle malt Scotch whiskies are rewned for their highly nuanced flavors and aromas, but the world of the single malt Scotch, while rooted in tradition and fellowship, can also throw up an intimidating number of offerings. Lavishly illustrated, this singular and savvy guide provides information on the making of malt whisky, the primary whisky regions, the various distilleries, identifying the flavors in each distillery s house style, how to appreciate the flavors and aromas of single malt whisky, reading a bottle label even how to prounce the names of certain Scotch whiskies. Additional sections introduce readers to the language of whisky descriptors and a few little-kwn distilleries, as well as how to manage a taste of some of the rarest and priciest single malt Scotches available. And, because a good single malt is always better when enjoyed in company, this manual offers recommendations for buying single malt Scotch whisky and hosting a tasting. This is an indispensable resource for anyone looking to deepen their appreciation for and kwledge of this sipping whisky.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Riley Bell is an expert and consultant on single malt Scotch who has evaluated single malts for magazine buying guides as well as the Scotch Malt Whisky Society in Edinburgh, Scotland. She worked for a time in Speyside distillery in Scotland and was the first American, and one of the first women, to be invited to undergo training in the sensory evaluation of whiskies at the Scotch Whisky Research Institute at Herriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. She lives in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Riley Bell
- PublisherSmart Guide Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleSmart Guides (Paperback)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmart Guide Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.