All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge has always wished he wasn't the scruffiest giant in town. So one day, when he sees a new shop selling giant-sized clothes, he decides it's time for a new look. With smart trousers, a smart shirt, a stripy tie and shiny shoes, George is a new giant. But on his way home he meets all sorts of animals who desperately need his help ...and his clothes! Perfect for classroom use, this giant-sized edition includes activity ideas, and words and music for the Smartest Giant Song.
- Author BiographyJulia Donaldson is one of the UK's most popular children's authors. She is perhaps best known for her work with Axel Scheffler, including the modern classic, THE GRUFFALO (978-0-333-71093-7) and its award-winning sequel THE GRUFFALO'S CHILD (978-1-4050-2046-6). Julia's latest picture book is TYRANNOSAURUS DRIP (978-1-4050-9000-1), illustrated by David Roberts. Julia's plays and songs are also deservedly popular, and she is always in demand for her brilliant events at schools and literary festivals. Axel Scheffler has enjoyed worldwide acclaim for his humorous illustrations, which are published in over 30 countries. In addition to his hugely successful picture book collaborations with Julia Donaldson, for which their many awards include the Smarties Gold Prize and WH Smith Children's Book of the Year, his recent work for Macmillan includes MOTHER GOOSE'S BEDTIME RHYMES (978-0-230-01633-0).
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Content Note32 colour illustrations
- Width340 mm
- Height421 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Axel Scheffler
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.