All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are we attracted to some people and t to others? Are first impressions accurate? Why do some romantic relationships succeed while others fail? Are our romantic choices influenced by evolution?In tackling questions like these, The Social Psychology of Attraction and Romantic Relationships reviews the theory and research behind this fascinating area. It combines real-life anecdotes and popular media examples with the latest psychological studies, making it a lively and engaging read.Ideal for students of social psychology and intimate relationships courses, this is a comprehensive introduction to an everyday subject that, on closer investigation, proves to be a dynamic, intriguing, and sometimes surprising area.
- Author BiographyMadeleine A. Fugere is Professor of Psychology at Eastern Connecticut State University, USA. Her research and teaching interests include social psychology, statistics, research methods, and attraction and romantic relationships. She has previously published articles related to romantic relationships, sexual double standards, and teaching psychology courses. Jennifer Leszczynski is Professor of Psychology at Eastern Connecticut State University, USA. Her research interests include contextual influences on masculinity and femininity and gendered beliefs about love across the lifespan. She also studies how using community engagement in college classrooms can dispel gender and age stereotypes. Alita J. Cousins is Associate Professor of Psychology at Eastern Connecticut State University, USA. Her research focuses on conflict in romantic relationships, particularly mate guarding in dating couples. She has published research articles in a variety of journals on topics such as mate guarding, mate retention tactics, aggression in romantic relationships, and changes in relationship dynamics across the menstrual cycle.
- Author(s)Alita J. Cousins,Jennifer P. Leszczynski,Madeleine A. Fugere
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note256 p.
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.