All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are we attracted to some people and t to others? Are first impressions accurate? Why do some romantic relationships succeed while others fail? Are our romantic choices influenced by evolution? In tackling questions like these, The Social Psychology of Attraction and Romantic Relationships reviews the theory and research behind this fascinating area. It combines real-life anecdotes and popular media examples with the latest psychological studies, making it a lively and engaging read. Ideal for students of social psychology and intimate relationships courses, this is a comprehensive introduction to an everyday subject that, on closer investigation, proves to be a dynamic, intriguing, and sometimes surprising area.
- Author BiographyMadeleine A. Fugere is Professor of Psychology at Eastern Connecticut State University, USA. Her research and teaching interests include social psychology, statistics, research methods, and attraction and romantic relationships. She has previously published articles related to romantic relationships, sexual double standards, and teaching psychology courses. Jennifer Leszczynski is Professor of Psychology at Eastern Connecticut State University, USA. Her research interests include contextual influences on masculinity and femininity and gendered beliefs about love across the lifespan. She also studies how using community engagement in college classrooms can dispel gender and age stereotypes. Alita J. Cousins is Associate Professor of Psychology at Eastern Connecticut State University, USA. Her research focuses on conflict in romantic relationships, particularly mate guarding in dating couples. She has published research articles in a variety of journals on topics such as mate guarding, mate retention tactics, aggression in romantic relationships, and changes in relationship dynamics across the menstrual cycle.
- Author(s)Alita J. Cousins,Jennifer P. Leszczynski,Madeleine A. Fugere
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight393 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.