All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough they held widely differing political views, each of the women in this study - Mary Wollstonecraft, Helen Maria Williams, Ann Radcliffe, and Mary Berry - responded to a common aspiration during the golden dawn of the French Revolution and set off to explore the European continent. The writing each woman produced as a result of her quest differed substantially in style and content from her previous work. In the documentations of their travels during this turbulent period, these women functioned as early sociologists, political scientists, and historians, in effect creating a new genre that delivered them from the limitations of women's writing in the 18th century and expanded the choices of later women writers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Sandra Adickes is an Associate Professor of English at Winona State University in Minnesota. She is one of the editors of the anthology, By a Woman Writt, and has written numerous articles on women's studies and education for scholarly journals and trade publications.
- Author(s)Sandra Adickes
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1991
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 9: History
- Series Part/Volume Number92
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight400 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.71Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.