All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an invative overview of research on the social uses of media. It brings together competing research approaches. It is part of the ECREA series. It explores activity and interactivity, and media use as a social and cultural practice. It is a significant contribution to the development of interdisciplinary theories and approaches to audience and user studies. This collection of essays provides an overview of research on the social uses of media. Drawing on long traditions in both cultural studies and the social sciences, it brings together competing research approaches usually discussed separately. The topics include up-to-date research on activity and interactivity, media use as a social and cultural practice, and participation in a cultural, political, and techlogical sense. This volume presents visions of current audience and reception studies and makes a significant contribution to the development of interdisciplinary approaches to audience and user studies. The book contains a concluding chapter by the internationally rewned author Sonia Livingstone who significantly contributed to the development of audience and user studies through gap-bridging theories and research methods.
- Author BiographyHelena Bilandzic is a professor of communication research at the University of Augsburg; her research interests include narrative experience and persuasion, cultivation, media use, and methodology. Geoffroy Patriarche is a professor at the Facultes universitaires Saint-Louis, Brussels, his current research interests include mobile communications, mediated citizen participation, and audience theory.. Paul J. Traudt is a professor of media studies at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. His research and teaching interests include audience reception theory, research methods. global media. and video criticism.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byGeoffroy Patriarche,Helena Bilandzic,Paul J. Traudt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.