Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith every one of his ten vels a New York Times bestseller, emergency medicine physician Michael Palmer is recognized by critics and fans worldwide as a master of medical suspense. Now Palmer delivers a relentless thriller that slices to our deepest fears with surgical precision--a tale as timely as it is terrifying, as harrowing as it is plausible. Welcome to The Society. At the headquarters of Boston's Eastern Quality Health, the wealthy and powerful CEO is brutally murdered. She's t the first to die--r the last. A vicious serial killer is on the loose and the victims have one thing in common: they are all high-profile executives in the managed care industry.Dr. Will Grant is an overworked and highly dedicated surgeon. He has experienced firsthand the outrages of a system that cares more about the bottom line than about the life-and-death issues of patients. As a member of the Hippocrates Society, Will seeks to reclaim the profession of medicine from the hundreds of companies profiting wildly by controlling the decisions that affect the delivery of care. But the doctor's determination has attracted a dangerous zealot who will stop at thing to make Will his ally. Soon Will is both a suspect and a victim, a pawn in a deadly endgame. Then, in one horrible moment, Will's professional and personal worlds are destroyed and his very life placed in peril. Rookie detective Patty Moriarity is in danger of being removed from her first big case--the managed care killings. To save her career, she has choice but to risk trusting Will, kwing he may well be the killer she is hunting. Together they have little to go on except the kwledge that the assassin is vengeful, cunning, ruthless--and may t be working alone. That--and a cryptic message that grows longer with each murder: a message Grant and Moriarity must decipher if they don't want to be the next victims.
- Author BiographyMichael Palmer, M.D., spent twenty years as a full-time practitioner of internal and emergency medicine, and is now an associate director of the Massachusetts Medical Society's physician health program. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Michael Palmer
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2005
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam USA
- Weight227 g
- Width110 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.83New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.18
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
- AU $79.86Trending at AU $82.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.