All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionAcross the social and behavioural sciences there has been an increased interest in identity as a subject of inquiry. Despite this, there remain questions to which researchers need to find answers and challenges to be made to older paradigms of analysis in order to continue to push the frontiers of kwledge in this research domain. Identity is a problematic concept inasmuch as we recognise it w as n-fixed, n-rigid and always being co-constructed by individuals of themselves, or by people who share certain core values or perceive ather group as having such values. This volume re-examines the analytical tools employed in the sociolinguistic research of 'identity' in order to assess their efficiency, establish the roles of language in the identity claims of specific communities of people, and determine the place of identity in a variety of social contexts, including work places and language classrooms. It will be of interest to academics and students working in sociolinguistics, applied linguistics and second language learning.
- Author BiographyTope Omoniyi is Professor in English Language and Linguistics at Roehampton University, London, UK. Goodith White is Senior Lecturer in the School of Education, University of Leeds, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- Series TitleAdvances in Sociolinguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGoodith White,Tope Omoniyi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.