The Soho Chronicles: 10 Films by William Kentridge by Matthew Kentridge (Hardback, 2015)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last twenty years, William Kentridge has built a worldwide reputation as a contemporary artist, best kwn for his series of ten animated films created from charcoal drawings. The films introduced a significant character in contemporary fiction: Soho Eckstein, a Highveld mining magnate and Kentridge s alter ego. Set in his hometown of Johannesburg, the films use South Africa s political transformation from apartheid to democracy as a backdrop to the story while tracing a different and parallel arcSoho s gradual awakening from capitalist blockhead and cuckold to sober penitent, coming to terms with his own frailties and the first signs of his mortality. In The Soho Chronicles, Kentridge s brother, Matthew, who has witnessed the evolution of William s technique, themes, and ideas, shares a never before seen perspective on both William and Soho that sheds new light on the creator and his alter ego. Richly illustrated and offering a special feature that connects with smartphones and tablets, The Soho Chronicles is a valuable contribution to the study of William Kentridge s body of work.
- Author BiographyMatthew Kentridge is a writer who lives and works in London.
- Author(s)Matthew Kentridge
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleThe Africa List
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Content Noteillustrated in colour throughout
- Weight1724 g
- Width222 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.