All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new volume in the World Soil series, the various types of Icelandic soils, their different characteristics, their formation, degradation and erosion are reviewed. At the same time, the book also deals with the agriculture and land use in general to give a complete view of Icelandic soils. The first part details the natural parameters such as the climate and the geography of Iceland. It also explains Icelandic geology, which is the major parameter controlling the soil formation in this country. The author describes the formation of Iceland, the main volcanic systems, central volcaes, tephra production and its influence on the soils. Explanations on rocks, glaciers, rivers and other main geologic features are also given. The book continues with a description of the Icelandic geomorphology, giving insights on the main surface types, frost, cryoturbation and other cryogenic features. Then it details the different types of soils, their formation and main features, comparing the Icelandic soils to other soils elsewhere in the world. Erosion and land degradation are then reviewed, including the exceptionally active wind erosion and dust production. Finally, it gives an insight on land use, agriculture and vegetation types. All this accompanied by the most amazing photos to illustrate the great diversity of Icelandic Soil.
- Author BiographyDr. Olafur Arnalds is a professor in soil science at the Agricultural University of Iceland. He is specialized in Icelandic soils, in volcanic soil resources, cryosols and remote sensing and GIS applications for land use decisions and policymakers.
- Author(s)Olafur Arnalds
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleWorld Soils Book Series
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 169 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight765 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.