All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended for graduate students and astromers seeking an introduction to coronal physics, this textbook strikes a balance between the observational and theoretical aspects of the subject. This second edition takes into account the major observational and theoretical developments of recent years to provide an up-to-date treatment of our understanding of the solar corona. After reviewing the latest observations of the solar corona, the authors explain how the studies have advanced and shaped our understanding of coronal physics. The textbook introduces a wide variety of exciting physics, including dynamo theory and magnetohydrodynamics, and shows how the transient effects of the solar cycle affect space weather. Each subject area is introduced using basic physics, and refers readers to fundamental papers on the topic, key new studies in each area, and extensive discussions in recent review articles.
- Author BiographyLeon Golub is Senior Astrophysicist in the High Energy Division at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. He specializes in studies of solar and stellar magnetic activity, and has built numerous rocket and satellite instruments to study the Sun and its dynamic behavior. Jay M. Pasachoff is Field Memorial Professor of Astronomy at Williams College, and Chair of the International Astronomical Union's Working Group on Eclipses. He has observed 48 solar eclipses and has studied the Sun in many parts of the spectrum.
- Author(s)Jay M. Pasachoff,Leon Golub
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note135 b/w illus.
- Weight940 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.