All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the state-of-the art instruments for measuring the solar irradiance from soft x-ray to the near infrared and the total solar irradiance. Furthermore, the SORCE mission and early results on solar variability are presented along with papers that provide an overview of solar influences on Earth. This collection of papers provides the only detailed description of the SORCE mission and its instruments.
- Author BiographyThe SORCE Principal Investigator, Dr. Gary Rottman from LASP at the University of Colorado, has been at the forefront of solar irradiance variability research for decades. Very early in Dr. Rottman's career he recognized the need for reliable and continuous long-term measurements of the Sun's output. Through many sounding rocket experiments and satellite instruments, Dr. Rottman has led research efforts in obtaining, analyzing, interpreting, and disseminating solar irradiance measurements. Tom Woods - Dr. Tom Woods is the SORCE Project Scientist and is also the Associate Director at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado. Tom joined LASP in 1987 to work on the UARS SOLSTICE program under the direction of Gary Rottman. Greg Kopp - Dr. Greg Kopp is a Research Scientist at the University of Colorado's Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics. He has a background in solar physics and aerospace instrumentation. He obtained a BS in Physics from the California Institute of Technology and a PhD in Physics from Stanford University. Greg is the instrument scientist for the TIM (Total Irradiance Monitor) instrument on board SORCE, and he is developing the next TIM for the NASA Glory Mission.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/01/2006
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight774 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byG. J. Rottman,Tom Woods,Vanessa George
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition StatementReprinted from Solar Physics journal, Vol. 230/1-2
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.