All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis stunning survey explores our own star system and its place in our galaxy and the universe itself. It offers in-depth coverage of all the planets, as well as the Sun, the Moon, asteroids, comets and meteoroids. The book also looks further into the heavens, to examine black holes, other solar systems and distant galaxies, and speculates about the future of space travel. Featuring 300 amazing photographs and detailed illustrations take you on whirlwind tour of the cosmos, while the text provides a wealth of essential information for young astromers everywhere. An additional reference section contains fact charts, star maps, a glossary of terms and a detailed index. The planets and countless other objects revolving around our Sun make up the Solar System. As scientists discover more about these heavenly bodies, including our own planet, Earth, they are also finding further mysteries and extraordinary space puzzles. Our Solar System is but one of billions in the vastness of our galaxy, the Milky Way, and the universe itself contains countless ever-changing galaxies. This book covers them all, from the tiniest piece of space junk to vast nebulae, making it a fascinating home reference guide to our Solar System and beyond.
- Author(s)Alexander Gordon Smith
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteover 300 pictures
- Weight794 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.