All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn response to the new information gained about the Solar System from recent space probes and space telescopes, the experienced science author Dr. John Wilkinson presents the state-of-the art kwledge on the Sun, solar system planets and small solar system objects like comets and asteroids. He also describes space missions like the New Horizon's space probe that provided never seen before pictures of the Pluto system; the Dawn space probe, having just visited the asteroid Vesta, and the dwarf planet Ceres; and the Rosetta probe irbit around comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko that has sent extraordinary and most exciting pictures. Those and a number of other probes are also changing our understanding of the solar system and providing a wealth of new up close photos. This book will cover all these missions and discuss observed surface features of planets and moons like their compositions, geisers, aurorae, lightning phemena etc.Presenting the fascinating aspects of solar system astromy this book is a complete guide to the Solar System for amateur astromers, students, science educators and interested members of the public.
- Author BiographyDr. John Wilkinson is an experienced science author having recently written The Moon in Close-up (Springer 2010), and New eyes on the Sun (Springer 2012) and 100+ science textbooks published for Australian schools. Science textbooks have been published by Macmillan Australia and Oxford University Press (Australia). John is a science educator and former university lecturer in Physics and Science Education, 30 years as a secondary science teacher. He writes regular Astronomy articles for Australian Science Teachers Journal, Lab Talk, and Australian Astronomy magazines. John completed his Masters degree and PhD in science education at LaTrobe University, Melbourne. He has research interests in science education and astronomy.
- Author(s)John Wilkinson
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleAstronomers' Universe
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, 96 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight474 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.