All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a sumptuously illustrated exploration of the work of contemporary artist Ann Kipling. Since 1960, drawing has been the sole form of expression of British Columbia-based artist Ann Kipling. This publication chronicles one calendar year (2009) during which time Kipling produced 141 drawings, each magnificently illustrated here. While Kipling's work is centred upon the outdoors, landscape is t a word that can be easily used to describe her work. Robin Laurence examines Kipling's attentiveness to the environment that recalls Chinese landscape painting and calligraphy. Darrin Martens pursues the philosophical investigation with a call to look beyond representation to a process that embodies the very act of creation. Rosemarie Tovell explores Kipling's practice as a draftsperson, situating it within the historical and aesthetic context of an often misunderstood discipline.
- Author(s)Robin Laurence
- PublisherBurnaby Art Gallery
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationAvenue Burnaby
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBurnaby Art Gallery
- Content Note141 full-colour illustrations
- Width267 mm
- Height241 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.