All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in a new edition on the centenary of the seismic battle, this book provides the definitive account of the Somme and assigns responsibility to military and political leaders for its catastrophic outcome. A magisterial piece of scholarship...It is a model of historical research and should do much to further our understanding of the Great War and how it was fought. -Contemporary Review Revisionist history at its best. -Library Journal (starred review) A major addition to the literature on the military history of the Great War. -Jay Winter
- Author BiographyRobin Prior is professor of history at Flinders University. Trevor Wilson is professor emeritus of history at the University of Adelaide.
- Author(s)Robin Prior,Trevor Wilson
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus.
- Weight435 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.