The Song of the Cloud of Unknowing: A Manual in Verse for Teaching the Contemplative Life, and a Help for Guided Meditation by Jabez L Van Cleef (Paperback / softback, 2008)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis anymous work was originally written as a manual for teaching meditation and the contemplative life to medieval monks and nuns. Recent interest in meditation practice and centering prayer have led to a re-appraisal, discovering the possibility of psychotherapeutic benefits from studying the medieval text, by helping readers to understand pride as a distortion of truth and an impediment to wholistic living, and meekness as a path to health. Now for the first time this influential text has been rewritten in rhymed, measured poetry for use in guided meditation and other forms of self- realization.
- Author BiographyJabez L. Van Cleef takes foundational texts from many oral traditions and religions and creates a common poetic format to preserve, promote and disseminate the values of these cultures. His work also promotes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other frameworks intended to foster full realization of human potential. Find out more at www.sustainyourspirit.com.
- Author(s)Jabez L Van Cleef
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.