Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionWilla Cather's last vel set on the Great Plains, Lucy Gayheart, depicts a temperamental young woman, pianist Lucy Gayheart. In writing the vel, Cather drew on her lifelong interest in music, which plays an integral role in the book. The vel received very mixed responses among critics and reviewers after its 1935 publication. Willa Cather's penultimate vel tells the story of young Lucy Gayheart from Haverford, Nebraska who escapes life in a small town around the turn of the century to pursue a career in music. In Chicago, she attracts the attention of an aging but charismatic singer, Clement Sebastian, and comes to the discovery that she was t born to be an artist. What follows is a tale of love and loss. The Willa Cather Scholarly Edition includes a historical essay providing fresh insight into the vel and Cather's writing process, photographs and maps, and explanatory tes providing a full range of biographical and historical information. The vel, edited according to standards set by the Committee on Scholarly Editions of the Modern Language Association, presents a clean, authoritative text of the first edition.
- Author BiographyAnn Moseley is William L. Mayo Professor and Professor of Literature and Languages Emerita at Texas A&M University-Commerce. Kari A. Ronning is a research associate professor of English, textual editor of the Willa Cather Scholarly Edition series, and codirector of the Willa Cather Journalism project at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Author(s)Willa Cather
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.