All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRarely, if ever, has history experienced a more penetrating demonstration of the overarching power of the human spirit in a time of trial. This book is a poetic interpretation of the inquiry and condemnation of Jeanne, the maid of Domremy, recorded in 1431. Drawing on the verbatim record of the trial, this book gives the modern reader a rare look at the speech and personal demear of an illiterate person in the Middle Ages; made rarer by the gender and the unique personality of Jeanne, who here both originates and personifies our universal concept of human dignity.
- Author BiographyJabez L. Van Cleef takes foundational texts from many oral traditions and religions and creates a common poetic format to preserve, promote and disseminate the values of these cultures. His work also promotes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other frameworks intended to foster full realization of human potential. Find out more at www.sustainyourspirit.com.
- Author(s)Jabez L Van Cleef
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.