All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare in Love for the sonnets: a fictional tale of how Shakespeare wrote his most famous poems. No one kws for sure precisely when and where Shakespeare wrote his sonnets or, more intriguingly, who he wrote them for. In this wonderfully entertaining vel acclaimed author Warwick Collins imagines the circumstances that inspired 30 of the Bard's most popular sonnets. The young Will Shakespeare is living under the patronage of Henry Wriothesley, Earl of Southampton. The controversial earl is under pressure from his family and those close to the royal court to settle down but he is far too busy drinking, carousing and cavorting with his motley band of acquaintances to pay attention. Not then, the obvious setting for poetic genius but within the politics (both State and sexual) of this lofty household Will finds lots to inspire his pen, and a few attractive distractions too. Collins has crafted a clever, witty and enjoyable vel from fragments of history. He interweaves 30 sonnets into the text in seamless fashion. The Sonnets wears its scholarship lightly and its love of Shakespeare and poetry proudly.
- Author BiographyWarwick Collins lives in Lymington, Hampshire and is the author of several novels and screenplays. He blogs regularly at www.warwickcollins.com.
- Author(s)Warwick Collins
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication30/04/2009
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Friday Project Limited
- Weight180 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.