All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA cookbook with a difference, with unique recipes and the memories behind a diverse and global family of 56 people The Sood Family Cookbook began its journey as a three-ring binder shared among some seventy members of the Sood family and their close friends. As friends of friends and new members of the family began to demand more copies, this second version was created, with more recipes, each beautifully illustrated. Within these pages are 101 unique recipes gathered from the collective memories of the Sood family, which came down from the mountains of Simla to New Delhi three generations ago. Some of them moved away to places as far removed as Toronto and Perth, while others brought home partners from New York and Boston. And so, pahaadi, Bengali, Italian, Thai, Swiss and other global stylings, all come together here to make a delicious potpourri food when you are sick and want to be pampered, food that is healthy without making you feel martyred, chutneys with oomph and some grogs that the Sood family has created and imbibed over the years. This is a book for every family, and for every young adult leaving home for college or to set up their own home anywhere in the world.
- Author BiographyAparna Jain has a postgraduate degree in hospitality but decided after a year of working in the industry that a world of pasted smiles wasn't for her. She moved to technology and worked in the internet, tech and telecom space for ten years even the madness of Silicon Valley before moving into the media. As marketing head for Cosmopolitan and Good Housekeeping, she was immersed in the lifestyle space. She then joined Tehelka to head the marketing function and was part of the core team that launched THiNK. She runs her own marketing consultancy and Integral-based coaching practice called Zebraa Works. Her leadership coaching practice, she says, is like food. It allows for deep meaningful connections and helps navigate through most problems. Because she is an insomniac, she also manages to fit in a love of reading, cello lessons and the occasional cooking up of fancy meals into her days.
- Author(s)Aparna Jain
- PublisherHarperCollins India
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHarperCollins India
- Content Noteillustrations;
- Weight467 g
- Width178 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.