All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe current struggles over nationality policy in Russia and in neighboring states are rooted in the history of the Narkomnats and in policies that Stalin established as Commissar. This history, based in large part on primary research, describes the Commissariat of Nationalities from 1917 to 1924, Stalin's role as its chief, and the policies that were the origins of the current ethnic dilemmas throughout the w collapsed Soviet Empire. This rich history is intended for scholars, students, and policymakers in European history and Slavic studies, and for general readers interested in the background of political and social conflicts in the former Soviet republics today.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN BLANK, Professor of Soviet Studies and National Security Analyst at the Strategic Studies Institute of the U.S. Army War College, coedited The Soviet Military and the Future with Jacob Kipp (1993). He is also the author of War and the New Thinking: Soviet Policies in Central and Latin America (1992) and Operational Strategic Lessons of the Soviet War in Afghanistan (1991).
- Author(s)Stephen J. Blank
- Date of Publication30/10/1994
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight505 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.