All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Soul proposes a philosophy of reality in which we are souls distinct from our thoughts and our sensations. Imperceptual souls interact with, but cant be captured by, perceptions. Recognition of the soul as self allows us to avoid reductions of self and reality to thoughts and sensations. Soulful self-recognition suggests instead a respectfully curious indifference to our perceptions, reminiscent of ancient Pyrrhonnian skepticism, sustained by a representationally opaque but mysteriously humanizing suggestion of n-perceptual immortality.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Adrian Kuzminski studied at Amherst College, the University of Rochester, and Trinity College, Dublin. A Woodrow Wilson and Fulbright Fellow, he received his Ph.D. in 1973. In 1971 he was appointed to the History Department at the Univesity of Hawaii. In 1980 he left academia to pursue his philosophical, historical, and political interests as an independent scholar, part-time farmer, and local activist in Fly Creek, New York.
- Author(s)Adrian Kuzminski
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1994
- Series TitleRevisioning Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight410 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.