All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Soul of Discernment provides concrete steps for groups of people who work together and need to make important decisions: church sessions, nprofit hiring committees, etc. Liebert calls this process the Social Discernment Cycle, a process for seeking God's call in a particular situation. It is called 'social' because it deals primarily with human communities in their social-structural, rather than interpersonal aspects, Liebert explains. It is a cycle because one completed round of discernment prepares for the next. The Social Discernment Cycle is particularly apt for any discernment that involves a structure, system, or institution. This book helps groups work through this cycle to answer the question, How is God leading us, individually or together, to act in this particular moment in our organization?
- Author BiographyElizabeth Liebert is Professor of Spiritual Life at San Francisco Theological Seminary in San Anselmo, California. She is former Dean of the Seminary and Vice President for Academic Affairs and is the author of The Way of Discernment, a guide to decision-making for individuals.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Liebert
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/08/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight289 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.