The Soul of Enterprise: Dialogues on Business in the Knowledge Economy by Ronald J Baker, Ed Kless (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world's ecomy has been transformed from a twentieth-century materials-based ecomy to the Age of the Kwledge-Based Ecomy - and the currency of this realm is ideas, imagination, creativity, and kwledge. According The World Bank, 80% of the developed world's wealth w resides in human capital. Perhaps President Ronald Reagan said it best in his address to Moscow State University on May 31, 1988: Like a chrysalis, we're emerging from the ecomy of the Industrial Revolution - an ecomy confined and limited by the Earth's physical resources - into, as one ecomist titled his book, the ecomy in mind, in which there are bounds on human imagination and the freedom to create is the most precious natural resource. Written by Ronald Baker and Ed Kless, hosts of The Soul of Enterprise: Business in the Kwledge Ecomy, the popular radio show on Voice America's Business Channel, The Soul of Enterprise: Dialogues on Business in the Kwledge Ecomy sounds the clarion call that organizations can longer igre this seismic shift that has occurred in the ecomy since 1959. The Soul of Enterprise introduces the three components of Intellectual Capital - human capital, social capital, and structural capital - and how to leverage them to create wealth in today's ecomy, by revealing: The physical fallacy - why wealth longer consists of tangible things, but of ideas, imagination and kwledge from human minds The best learning tool ever invented: After Action Reviews Why Frederick Taylor and the Scientific Management movement was a fraud and the wrong focus for kwledge workers The fact that effectiveness always and everywhere trumps efficiency The First Law of Pricing: All value is subjective The Second Law of Pricing: All prices are contextual The Morality of Markets: Doing well and doing good Why your organization - and you - need to be driven by a higher purpose than profit The Soul of Enterprise will inspire and challenge readers to unlock the ermous financial and competitive power hidden in the intellectual capital of their organizations and kwledge workers.
- Author BiographyRonald J. Baker started his CPA career in 1984 with KPMG's Private Business Advisory Services in San Francisco. Today, he is the founder of VeraSage Institute - the leading think tank dedicated to educating professionals internationally-and a radio talk-show host on the VoiceAmerica show: The Soul of Enterprise: Business in the Knowledge Economy. He is the author of six books, including: Professional's Guide to Value Pricing. Ron has toured the world, spreading his value pricing message to over 120,000 professionals. He has been appointed to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant's Group of One Hundred, a think tank of leaders to address the future of the profession; named on Accounting Today's 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Top 100 Most Influential People in the profession; voted number six and nine of the Top Ten Most Influential People in the profession in 2012, 2013, and 2014; selected as one of LinkedIn's Influencer Bloggers; and received the 2003 Award for Instructor Excellence from the California CPA Education Foundation. He graduated in 1984 from San Francisco State University, with a Bachelor of Science in accounting and a minor in economics. He is a graduate of Disney University and Cato University, and is a faculty member of the Professional Pricing Society. He presently resides in Petaluma, California. Ed Kless joined Sage in July of 2003 and is currently the senior director of partner development and strategy. He develops and delivers curriculum for Sage business partners on the art and practice of small business consulting including the Sage Consulting Academy and Firm of the Future Symposium. He also facilitated the Sage Leadership Academy, a year-long program designed to assist Sage partners develop a continuous process of improvement in their organizations and serves as liaison to the Strategic Leadership Association. Ed is a contributor to industry publications, including the Journal of Accountancy, Harvard Business Review and HR.com, and has spoken at many conferences worldwide on project management, pricing, and knowledge workers. He is also active in the Information Technology Alliance (ITA), Toastmasters, and is a senior fellow at the VeraSage Institute. He lives north of Dallas with his wife and two of his five children. Currently he serves as chair of the Collin County Libertarian Party and ran for Texas State Senate, District 8 in 2010 and 2012.
- Author(s)Ed Kless,Ronald J Baker
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.