All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new collection addresses the film musical, a central genre in the Hollywood studio system, which has also been important within British, Hindi and Chinese cinema. Leading international scholars explore key issues, traditions, subgenres, stars and films of the musical film from the 1930s to the present.
- Author BiographySTEVEN COHAN is Professor of English at Syracuse University, USA. His books include Telling Stories: A Theoretical Analysis of Narrative (1988, co-authored with Linda M. Shires), Masked Men: Masculinity and the Movies in the Fifties (1997), Incongruous Entertainment: Camp, Cultural Value, and the MGM Musical (2005) and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2008).
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Notebiography
- Weight435 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySteven Cohan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.