All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first mograph dedicated to the extremely lively Norwegian jazz scene, through the a reconstruction of the history that has given Norway a fundamental role in Europe for the emancipation of jazz with African American roots. It is an itinerary that began in the 1960s, with the arrival in Oslo of George Russell, and continues to this day; a passionate account dense with anecdotes, unpublished interviews and encounters, which documents the richness and originality of a journey through the musical culture of our times. An audio CD is enclosed with the book, containing an anthology of the best of jazz music produced in Norway in recent years.
- Author BiographyLuca Vitali (Bologna, 1967) writes about jazz and beyond in AllAboutJazzItalia, Il Giornale della Musica and InSound, and is a contributor to Il Sole 24 Ore's monthly magazine IL and to Radio Citta del Capo. He is one of the founding members of Europe Jazz Media - a community of jazz journalists, media professionals and broadcasters - and is the Italian representative for their monthly initiative EJM-Chart. He has organised various contemporary music and performing arts events, and since 2010 he has worked as one of the artistic curators of Bologna's Angelica Festival. For several years he has collaborated on a regular basis with various Norwegian institutions in Italy (Royal Norwegian Embassy, Royal Norwegian Consulate in Bologna), as well as with Jazzforum, Music Norway, Listen To Norway and Jazznytt. Fiona Talkington is best known as presenter of BBC Radio 3's award winning 'Late Junction' and has presented programmes on BBC radio for over 20 years. She has also contributed to many books and articles about Norwegian music, and curated festivals and series bringing together Norwegian arts with Norwegian and British artists. In 2009 she was awarde the Royal Norwegian Order of Merit for her work with the Norwegian arts scene.
- Author(s)Luca Vitali
- PublisherMimesis International
- Date of Publication28/09/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMI
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintMimesis Edizioni
- Edited byFiona Talkington
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.