All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterior design has undergone a quiet but profound revolution in the last decade, as home-owners have become more aware of international influences and more prepared to experiment, to break out of the prescribed moulds of style. Many different parts of the world in particular India, China, and Japan have evolved their own unique styles of modernism, much of it rooted in the traditional principles of their particular regions, and this has helped to liberate the way we w think about dwelling space, its organisation and furnishing. Drawing on a wide range of modern design from many countries, this unique, rich sourcebook takes an elemental approach to the design of a home. In an age when interior design principle goes unchallenged and all ideas are possible, the only sensible approach is to start from the basic elements how a home works and what we expect from it. The Source, illustrated with hundreds of colour photographs by Michael Freeman, one of the most widely travelled authors and photographers working in this area, is divided into four sections which each cover a basic function. The first, Connect, deals with the connectivity of a home, from entrances and corridors to staircases. The second, Divide, shows the many ways in which individual areas can be divided and linked, from walls to screens and unconventional dividers, as well as flexible partitions that draw on Japanese and Chinese principles. The third section, Space, is concerned with living spaces in all their variety, balancing the twin needs of comfort and inspiration. The last section, Utility, covers the basic functions of any dwelling, from cooking and bathing to working at home and storage. All of this is illustrated by a vast array of ideas and solutions from many of the worlds best interior designers and architects. This new book offers a different and refreshing way of looking at the house and the elemental way of how we live today.
- Author BiographyMichael Freemanis an acclaimed photographer and writer who specializes in travel, architecture and interiors. He has photographed extensively for many international publishers, and has written more than two dozen books on photography, with more than a million copies sold. His many books on interiors and architecture includeAmerican Masterworks, India Modern, New Oriental Style, Architecture of Thailand, Japan ModernandChina Style.
- Author(s)Michael Freeman
- PublisherEight Books
- Date of Publication12/10/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEight Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1670 g
- Width254 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.