The South Beach Heart Program: The 4-Step Plan That Can Save Your Life by Arthur S Agatston (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.71+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA pioneering cardiologist and the author of the international bestseller The South Beach Diet presents the truth about cardiac care in this country and offers his proven program for preventing heart attacks and strokes. This year alone more than 1 million men and women in this country will suffer a heart attack or stroke. The shocking fact is that the majority of heart attacks and strokes can be prevented with the medical kwledge we already possess. Yet this isn't happening. Why? Because doctors and hospitals are paid more to treat disease with invasive techniques like angioplasty and bypass surgery than to prevent it. In his most personal and passionate work yet, Dr. Arthur Agatston champions a revolution in heart disease prevention that will enable people to stay out of the hospital and off the operating table. In Part 1 of this compelling book, he tells you why seemingly healthy people can suddenly have a heart attack and why people with great cholesterol numbers can be walking time bombs. He explains why belly fat can be an early warning sign of future heart disease and why a ninvasive heart scan can help predict your risk of heart attack. In Part 2, he presents the South Beach Heart Program, his 4-step plan for detecting, preventing, and even reversing heart disease: The 4 steps include: Heart-healthy eating, regular aerobic and core-strengthening exercise, state-of-the art diagstic testing, and the latest heart-protective medications, as necessary. Thanks to his aggressive prevention approach, Dr. Agatston rarely sees a heart attack or stroke in his practice. Now you can benefit from the prevention strategy he uses to help his patients every day.
- Author BiographyArthur Agatston, M.D., is a preventive cardiologist and associate professor of medicine at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. In 1995, Dr. Agatston developed the South Beach Diet to help his cardiac and diabetes patients improve their blood chemistries and lose weight. Since then, his book The South Beach Diet and its companion titles have sold more than 22 million copies. Dr. Agatston has published more than 100 scientific articles and abstracts in medical journals, including articles on echocardiography, valvular heart disease, and noninvasive imaging of the coronary arteries. He recently received the prestigious Alpha Omega Award from New York University Medical Center for outstanding achievement in the medical profession. He lives in Miami Beach with his wife, Sari.
- Author(s)Arthur S Agatston
- PublisherRodale Press
- Date of Publication26/12/2006
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.