Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe South Carolina Encyclopedia Guide to South Carolina Writers expands the range of writers included in the landmark South Carolina Encyclopedia. This guide updates the entries on writers featured in the original encyclopedia and augments that list substantially with dozens of new essays on additional authors from the late eighteenth century to the present who have contributed to the Palmetto State's distinctive literary heritage.
Each profile in this concise reference includes essential biographical facts and critical assessments to place the featured writers in the larger context of South Carolina's literary tradition. The guide comprises 127 entries written by more than seventy literary scholars, and it also highlights the sixty-five writers inducted thus far into the South Carolina Academy of Authors, which serves as the state's literary hall of fame. Rich in natural beauty and historic complexity, South Carolina has long been a source of inspiration for writers. The talented velists, essayists, poets, playwrights, journalists, historians, and other writers featured here represent the countless anymous individuals who have shared tales and lore of South Carolina.
- Author BiographyTom Mack, recipient of the prestigious Carolina Trustee Professorship in 2008, holds the G. L. Toole Chair in English at the University of South Carolina Aiken, USA. Mack is the author of four books and more than one hundred articles on American cultural history, and since 2010 he has been chair of the Board of Governors of the South Carolina Academy of Authors.
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSouth Carolina Encyclopedia Guides
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byTom Mack
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.