All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the true story of Brigade-Major Harry Smith and the very young Spanish blewoman he met and married during the Peninsular Wars, when the Duke of Wellington's forces fought Napoleon's army in Spain and Portugal.
After marrying Harry Smith when she was 14 years old, Juana Smith followed the drum, marching at the back of the troops along with the other wives and the officers' servants. Juana became a camp favorite, charming all with her youthful enthusiasm. In spite of the danger, Juana thrived on military life and her passionate, if somewhat stormy, relationship with Harry.
Heyer's research encompassed every available diary from that time period, including Harry Smith's, and all of the Duke of Wellington's writings and dispatches. She brings alive military life during the Regency period, how the armies marched and fought, as well as how the bility provided for its own comfort with servants, horses, dogs and furniture.
- Author(s)Georgette Heyer
- PublisherSourcebooks Landmark
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSourcebooks Landmark
- Weight522 g
- Width168 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $78.85New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.61Trending at AU $78.85
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.26Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.62Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.