All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrank Hamilton Taylor represents an important, but overlooked, group of documentalists of American history - Special Artists. These were men and women who wrote and illustrated articles for the pictorial press which included Harper's Weekly and Frank Leslie's. Well kwn Specials like Winslow Homer and Frederic Remington have received only cursory ackwledgment of the importance of their early work for these papers. However, studying the works and lives of Special Artists, like Taylor, can give unique insights into the development of American culture. His achievements give us a better understanding of the emergence of middle-class values at the turn of the century.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Nancy L. Gustke is a visiting assistant professor of History at North Carolina State University. She received her Ph.D. in History from the University of New Hampshire. Dr. Gustke curated an exhibition of Frank H. Taylor's works at the University of Florida and authored the accompanying catalog, A Stately Picturesque Dream...: Scenes of Florida, Cuba, and Mexico in 1880.
- Author(s)Nancy L Gustke
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1995
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 20: Fine Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note38 maps and ill.
- Weight500 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.